DID YOU KNOW?
The following free services (except the lower-cost TEETH program) were provided directly to seniors and disadvantaged people in our communities in 2022. Click on each heading below to learn more:
- INCOME TAX SERVICE Volunteers completed 597 low-income returns including 14 home visits. Our team of dedicated Volunteers offer this service to the Nelson and surrounding areas. Advocated for 8 seniors.
- TEETH PROGRAM This low-income, lower-cost program has been on pause for 2022 due to a fire that occurred at the dental office premises in February 2022. Start up planned hopefully for some time in 2023.
- PERSONAL ADVANCE PLANNING Program designed to provide help with documents pertaining to forms for a client’s future planning such as a Will, Power of Attorney, etc. 4 clients benefited from this service.
- SENIORS REFERRAL SERVICE Our Office Manager assisted an average of 8 people a day in finding appropriate resources that would enable them to get the support and aid they need.
- CYCLING WITHOUT AGE Our enthusiastic group of volunteers gave 354 clients a joyous ride on our special trishaws that enabled them to be outside in the fresh air and experience scenic surroundings.
- FARMERS MARKET COUPON PROGRAM We enabled 35 low-income seniors to access fresh local healthy produce directly from Farmers.
Your contributions enable us to keep offering and expanding the programs and services that we offer to the community. We appreciate all donations, of any size. We will provide a charitable receipt for contributions $20 and greater.